With the Knicks first pre-season game tonight and in honor of our former coach, the great Mike Woodson, our investigative team here at New York Knicks Podcast has uncovered the actual notes Mike Woodson provided his players prior to their first preseason game last season. We are exposing ourselves to a great deal of liability by providing this information to you but we care about you the reader. We cannot explain to you exactly how this information was obtained but needless to say it involved a great deal of strap-ons.
- If you are wide open with the basketball in your hand, before shooting, ask yourself is your name Carmelo or JR.
- The first 20 seconds on the shot clock are all about setting up your shot.
- On the fast break be the turtle, not the hare. If you don’t follow that than maybe we should be trading you and by you everyone knows I am talking to Shump.
- If you are on defense and covering the same guy for more than 5 seconds than you are doing something wrong.
- If you are on defense and you see the guy with the ball is double covered, get your ass over there because there is no reason that guy shouldn’t be triple covered.
- Time on the bench is not for resting or chit-chat, when you are on the bench you should be paying very close attention to my goatee.
- All personal listening devices by team rule can play any number of great songs to get you pumped for tonight’s game as long as that song was written and performed by JD & the Straight Shots.
- Above all else remember our mantra on offense, “passing is just admitting that you can’t score”.