- I thought we were in for a long afternoon when Joey Crawford gave Mike Woodson a technical 90 seconds into the game. Some bad calls, but fortunately the Pacers can’t score so it didn’t matter.
- Speaking of Joey Crawford, I don’t think it’s a good thing when your max contract center runs like a 61 year old ref.
- It’s definitely not a good thing when he also scores 6 and 8 with 6 turnovers.
- It’s really really not a good thing when that isn’t far off from his season average.
- Carmelo attacked the rim all game, even though he was stopped most of the time. He also followed up his shots which resulted in a few offensive rebounds. I like the aggression.
- Raise your hand if you thought Rasheed would be playing 15-20 minutes a night. Keep your hand up if you thought that would be a good thing.
- Camby is still not in game shape. Far from it. He looks like he’s walking waste deep in oatmeal. Continue reading
Miami Heat – The defending champs replaced Ronny Turiaf and Eddy Curry with Ray Allen, Rashard Lewis and Josh Harrellson. The rich got richer this offseason. All Ray Allen, arguably the best 3 point shooter of all time, has to do is hit wide open 3′s off of LeBron and Wade double-teams. Unless Wade breaks down (I won’t even say LeBron as I’m not sure he’s human) the Eastern Conference playoffs start with a finals rematch against Boston.
Jeff Green is back
Boston Celtics – Boston replaced Ray Allen with Courtney Lee and Jason Terry. They got rid of a bunch of players who weren’t contributing much (Marquis Daniels, Ryan Holins, Jermaine O’Neal and Greg Stiemsma)and replaced them with Leandro Barbosa, Jason Collins, Jared Sullinger and Darko Milicic. Jeff Green is also healthy this season which will enable Boston to rest Paul Pierce more than last year. They are still going to be a great defensive team, but now have scoring options at every position. When Avery Bradley comes back, this team is super deep and clearly the #1 threat to dethrone Miami in the east. Continue reading
It’s hard to take anything away from a preseason game, but I’m in basketball withdrawal so I’m giving you my two cents anyway.
- Last season the Knicks averaged somewhere between 1/2 and 1 3/4 total point guards. This year we have 3. Felton was slimmed down, Kidd is still a savvy veteran and the oldest rookie in NBA history Pablo Prigioni, at 35, looked very good. He hit 4/8 from 3 point land and had a few nice dishes.
- Chandler looked more involved on offense. A few more games like that and teams will have to make sure they always keep an eye on him, which may cut down on double teams from Melo and Amar’e.
- Should I even mention how much better Melo looks without Amar’e? OK, I won’t mention it.
- If you listen to the show you probably know Jay isn’t a huge fan of the refs. Well this game I saw a flop by Novak called as a block and a few flops by Wizards players with no whistles at all. There was actually a play where a player flopped on JR Smith and Smith assumed he’d get called for a foul and stopped playing. I like the non-calls and the block calls on flops. Good start refs! Now lets see how those are called when the Knicks play the 3 evil stepsisters from Miami.
- I’m officially hoping John Shurna gets the last spot. I need to see more of that wacky shot of his.
We have a quick debate about whether LeBron is the greatest ever, we make sure not to talk about the series that shall never be mentioned again, we break down the 3 trades that have gone down this week, talk about the upcoming draft, Lin and Novak, JR Smith opting out of his contract and Amare’s latest embarrassment. Download Episode 134
David Sterns team won the lottery! The Spurs are better than the Thunder. The Heat and the refs vs. the Celtics. Woodson is locked up as Knicks coach. Things to look forward to. Who is going to make the hall out of the 4 teams left and the Knicks. Download Episode 131
The Knicks win against Boston and Jersey, hitting about 753 3’s against Boston and Bibby starting against Jersey. What kind of alternate reality is this? We talk about Dwight refusing to play with Van Gundy, the chances of the Knicks moving up to the 6th seed, what to do about our rotation and a ton of questions submitted by listeners. Download Episode 122
Which Just Ridiculous Smith will we see tonight? Can Shumpert stop Rondo? Will Baron decompose by halftime? Pierce vs Melo is always fun. Lets hope the Knicks get one step closer to clinching that playoff spot.
C is for Cavaliers: Who with Irving and Varejao out were nice enough to put a bunch of D-leaguers and players no one has ever heard of on the court.
L is for Lin: Unfortunately we found out before the game that we’ll have to go the rest of the season without him.
The Knicks are in the middle of a five game losing streak. We take a look at each player on the roster and give our thoughts on how they’ve been playing. Download Episode 111
Robert Silverman from Knickerblogger.net joins us today. We talk about the Knicks win over the Cavs, Roberts name for the Knicks bench, Amar’e and his creaky limbs, Baron Davis, the logjam at shooting guard, the Knicks future, favorite all time Knicks and much more. Download Episode 109