Marc and Jay talk about the last few games, the players intervention with Rambis to play the younger guys, strategy for next season, the triangle and how that will effect future players and coaches, and more
|I included the Wizards game in this weeks rankings since doing a rankings on 1 game would be dumb. So now we get to add two losses and a win to that Wizards game. The Knicks added Jimmer, which sadly enough is the only bright spot. The team looks demoralized and the playoffs look like a pipe dream. Here’s your damn rankings.|
|Rank||Player||Comments||Last weeks Rank|
|1||Anthony, Carmelo||Melo is looking really frustrated lately. You can imagine why. He’s playing really well lately, assisting at a career high rate and .1 rebounds away from a career high rebound rate, but most of the team, as usual, stinks.||4|
|2||Lopez, Robin||The last two games Robin has looked crazy good. It’s amazing what happens when you get your center involved on the offensive end, something Chandler never got to experience.||1|
|3||Porzingis, Kristaps||The shot is still up and down and now the rebounding has come down a bit, but Porzingis is clearly the 3rd best player on this team.||2|
|4||Galloway, Langston||I’m trying to forget about his zero point performance against the Raptors (1 of 3 Knicks guards to do that on the same night!). At least he can defend, something the rest of the backcourt can’t claim.||5|
|5||Thomas, Lance||Lance didn’t get zero points against the Raptors, but he did against the Nets on 0-5 shooting. That’s still good enough for a top 5 spot this week. That’s how bad this team has been. Continue reading|
|Four games and four losses this week, with 3 of them being disgusting blowouts. It all makes sense when you take a look at the Knicks top 5 players this week. These last 20 games are going to really drag, especially if you’re looking forward to arguably the most interesting western conference playoffs we’ve ever seen.|
|Rank||Player||Comments||Last weeks Rank|
|1||Bargnani, Andrea||Bargnani looked great in the two games against the Pacers. Like really good. And he didn’t look good in the Kings and Nuggets game. Reason 415 why I don’t want the Knicks to sign Hibbert, who was held to 3 points and 0-6 shooting. Against Bargs.||1|
|2||Shved, Alexey||I am quickly becoming a Shvedhead. He’s by far the best on this team at drawing fouls, and he can rebound and pass. He even found his shot against the Nuggets.||5|
|3||Larkin, Shane||Larkin had an OK week. He led the team in assists in two of the four games and didn’t turn the ball over too much.||8|
|4||Amundson, Lou||Lou missed a game with back spasms and then played 14 minutes off the bench and managed to get more rebounds than our starting PF that game (Smith 1 board in 21 minutes).||2|
|5||Galloway, Langston||Galloway had 2 decent games but he also managed to get a +/- of -40 against the Kings. How is that even possible? Continue reading|
Knicks scored some points. Pacers scored a lot more.
Also a ton of this:
And some great defense:
Not to mention the awesome boxing out:
And of course what game would be complete without multiple injuries:
Can’t wait until tonights game!
- I love super aggressive driving Bargs
- It helps when Drummond falls for the pump fake every single time
- Speaking of Drummond, how does one shoot 16% from the free throw line? A child would probably hit 20%
- We should definitely give a max contract to a guy who literally quits on defense whenever he misses a shot
- The play where Peyton Siva was at the 3 point line and Amare was in front of him and for some reason assumed he would shoot and turned completely around only to have the player run past him pretty much sums up why Amare is a detriment even when his offense is kinda sorta not a travesty.
- The entire Knicks team has no idea how to play help defense.
- You know you suck on D when Priggy screams at you.
- JR almost shot .500 and would have if he didn’t take 2 halfcourt shots. In completely related news this wasn’t a weekend game.
- Bargnani was super efficient on offense in the first half. Good thing the Knicks went with iso-ball in the 2nd half.
- I was worried no one was going to let an opposing guard run amok tonight since Felton was out. Guess I was worried for no reason.
- Things look bad now but at least we gave away 6 out of our 8 draft picks over the next 4 years……
We talk about the win against the Bobcats and the thrashing from the Spurs, JR comes back from weed suspension and has his typical Sunday game, our new centerless rotation, trade rumors and much more
Round two started off with a thud. Jay and Marc are angrier than ever and tell you why all show. I think we mention the round 1 victory for about a minute, but since round 2 started so quick or happiness was immediately crushed by the weight of this terrible game.
Knicks vs Suns early game. Another game the Knicks should win. Comment as the game goes on.
Did I just jinx us by calling the Bobcats the worst team of all time? Because for that the be official the Knicks need to win tonight.