What Knicks team will come out today, the one that plays defense and moves the ball on offense or the team that allows a layup drill and plays iso-ball? Who’s your pick for todays #Knickeffect?
The Knicks can’t possible lose 2 games in a row to bad teams right? RIGHT? Who’s your pick for #Knickeffect? Comment below as the game goes on.
Marc and Jay talk about the Detroit and Washington games, players we can’t root for, improving the dunk contest, a listener calls in, facebook questions, the Knicks rotation, Mike Woodsons rotations and much more Download Episode 173
The Knicks lost to Harry Potters tonight and it was not pretty. Here are my thoughts:
- Maybe the Knicks are scared that the Celtics will be the 8th seed
- Would you be surprised to learn that the Knicks bet Woodson that they could stay up for 24 straight hours and still beat the Wizards?
- Some people said that the Wizards won because they are younger and faster than the Knicks. I have seen old-timers games where both teams looked faster than the Knicks tonight. It was not like the Wizards were running the Knicks ragged tonight, they just hit the open shots that the Knicks gave them.
- Felton slowly dribbles up, asks Melo for a pick, Melo refuses and demands the ball, Felton again asks for a pick, Melo again refuses and Felton gives him the ball 20 feet from the basket, Melo dribbles a bit and misses an off balance 18 ft shot. This really happened. Continue reading
I get it John Wall is fast and they have some other young fast guards. They also have some good big men. What I also get is that that are the Wizards and they are destined for the lottery. The Knicks will win tonight with the only uncertainty being whether Chandler pulls down 20 boards. Who will get tonights #Knickeffect? Comment below as the game goes on.
Jay and Marc apologize for being so wrong about Amare. Recap of the last few games, looking forward to the rest of the February schedule, Tyson Chandlers impressive run of rebounds and more Download Episode 172
James White wins this weeks Tweet of the Week:
Michael (@delacmi1) scours twitter all week to find our Knicks player Tweet of the Week every Monday morning.
- The game started with the Knicks down 13-3 and it looked like one of those sluggish starts that the Knicks seem to be having just about every game lately. Them Amare came into the game and the Knicks instantly rallied to finish the quarter up by 5. It was downhill for Sacramento from then on as the Knicks ended up going up by 50 points. Yes, 50 points.
- Carmelo Anthony ended his streak of 31 straight 20+ point games, falling 2 short of the franchise record. He finished the game with 9.
- Tyson Chandler had his 2nd straight game with 20 rebounds. Ties Camby for the franchise record.
- Amare Stoudemire went 10 for 10, one shy of the franchise record for most shots without a miss. He’s been so good on offense lately, just a pleasure to watch. Two months ago me would be amazed at how excited present day me is to see Stoudemire enter the game.
- I bet everyone in Seattle who is watching tonight is real psyched for the franchise they are getting.
- In a game where the Knicks won by 39 how the hell did Ronnie Brewer still manage to have a plus/minus of minus 10?
- If Miami loses to Toronto tomorrow the Knicks will have the #1 seed and Mike Woodson will be coaching the all star game.
- 2nd game in a row with over 30 assists and the Knicks also outrebounded the Kings by 22.
Another very winnable game. Who will get tonights #Knickeffect? Comment below as the game goes on.
- The Knicks started off the 1st half in usual annoying fashion, falling behind by double digits before winning by a decent margin at the end. This lack of enthusiasm for the first two quarters is going to really bite them in the ass against better teams.
- Amare has developed this mini-hook that has been really really effective. If he is going to continue to score 15-17 and grab 6-8 rebounds in 25 minutes off the bench while playing semi-tolerable defense while not complaining about his role I’m all in.
- Tyson Chandler: 20 rebounds. Awesome.
- Felton hurt his previously broken finger. After clearly showing some pain and icing it for a while he came back in and hit a few shots. Lets hope it was just a bump and not a refracturing or the 2nd half of the season is going to be really long.
- Kudos to the Knicks for finally not getting burned by not one but two fast point guards. Also, after fast starts by Dunleavy and Ilyasova the Knicks contained them in the 2nd half as well. In other words, no Knick Effect for tonight!
- I’m really glad the Knicks won tonight, but they are playing tomorrow and I would have rathered Melo not play 44 minutes tonight.
- In the 3rd quarter Shumpert got pulled after one minute for missing a defensive assignment. I like that Woodson holds players accountable but it would be even better if he did that for every player. Like when Melo all but sits down on the floor with his arms crossed like a 3 year old when he doesn’t get a call.